This is a boat we bought for commercial cat-fishing back in 1983 from Gravois boats. That was back in the time when they where just getting a foothold in the custom aluminum boat business.
They went on to become famous for their big v-bottom bay boats built for sport fishermen. I was over to their shop a few months ago and was blown away at their growth. They don’t do any more one of a kind boats. It’s all strictly big contract work now and they operate under the name Metal Shark.
The Quick Details:
- 20 feet long with 5 feet flat bottom
- Heavy welded marine aluminum
- Center console/hydraulic steering
- VHF marine radio and Furuno GPS
- Fuel- 23 gal bolted down aluminum tank
- Storage under forward deck
- Large storage that was fish hold
- Seating on top of fish hold
- 90HP Mercury 8.5 years old
- Double axle trailer – solid but looks bad
- Tires – 3 new and one iffy.
My price is $6,890 and that’s down a little from when I first listed it. I have never been without a boat and don’t feel anxious to be that way now. I just don’t seem to get around to using it and hate seeing it going to waste.
We ran the boat from Abbeville to Intracoastal City on June 25th and everything seemed to be in good order. Some of the pictures in the gallery below are from that trip. I really should be giving boat tours instead of selling it. :)